without mirror?
1
comments
|
Monday, January 09, 2006
as I usually am...
Know what works great in a pickle to make sure you're barette-ing all the right strands? Ye olde camera phone.
I hate me for doing that, but I wasn't sure how the barette-placement:stray hair ratio was holding out.
Oh, shut up...
----------
CBC radio this a.m.: The question for callers was about cell phone etiquette.
This assface calls in glorifying how wonderful he and how wife are because they don't have any of that "modern technology [like cell phones and call waiting]" and "my wife is an engineer and I do things where I have to get a hold of people by specific times too and we STILL don't own cells". "And they're dangerous, especially for teenagers in their developmental stage."
*blink*
How is this relevant to phone etiquette?
Who the eff cares?
And is an engineer's time so high-in-demand that they SHOULD have a cell phone, BUT they're being characteristically 'poignant' [read: anal] about being busy AND about ~choosing~ not to have one...Thereby, actually making their lives less efficient by having to get to a land line (oh...sacred land line!) to check their messages. They have to carry around scads of torn-papers with phone numbers or a thick filofax stuffed with business cards to have their contacts' information on hand (cuz they wouldn't own a PDA or anything like THAT either); how much time do they waste by having to get to office or home to use the phone?
Bah!
I am one busy grrl. I recently got myself a Palm, I have a cell phone: I have no ear cancer, I can safely operate either form of 'modern technology' and I'm not an assclown.
*curtsy*


1 Comments:
It's irritating that people are actually PROUD to not own cell phones or watch TV.
16 January, 2006 11:46
Post a Comment
<< Home