heady
0
comments
|
Monday, January 09, 2006
I brought one perfume with me when I went to work in Africa a few years ago. Enough to last too, for the duration. When I came back, I think I was given some for a birthday or something too. So, I still have some. I put the stuff on this morning and whoa! do the senses ever play tricks on ya! Plus, smell is my most attuned sense.
I had this rush of memories invade me for a few seconds, all at once, like I just got tackled by a quarterback or something. I remember walking down the dirt paths on the way to work (before I bought a car) and the same people I'd see each morning; and the dog that used to walk with me for the same portion of my journey every day that ended up being a girl dog and her puppies then followed me too; and the classic construction workers that would occasionally whoop! and holler when I walked by until one day I stood in front of the "building" they were working on (probably STILL working on it) and, in their language (little did they know I'd been studying and practising), asked them to come down and speak to me...then, no more cat calls...sorted!
anyway, the senses. pretty damn powerful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home