0
comments
|
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Milo keeps cranking the heat up. QUITE frustrating, especially the late-night wake ups because I'm suffocating from the heat.
Old job did absolutely nothing in the way of saying thanks for everything, you're swell, I'll miss you ... nothing short of a line of text in an email sent to clients, etc. introducing new person: "CE is replacing Renee who will be working for [new job]." And a casual, handshake with encouraging words for the future in the form of "good luck", "thanks for growing the company with me...go save lives and make the world a better place" and an offer for him to sign a letter of recommendation that I was to write...I said forget about it.
I even agreed to stay two weeks longer to train new person sufficiently. I ran this place when he wasn't here. We got along famously. He could always count on me.
I don't get it. A crap email, not even a damn lunch or a bottle of wine.
Made me feel rather worthless for all the time I'd given there. As in every aspect of my life, I am loyal to the core, thorough, attentive, reliable, hard-working. So, it was difficult to walk away holding my head high when such a huge part of my life didn't even recognize that.
That's gratitude for ya, kids.
Calgary is so dry - HOW DRY IS IT? that my contact lenses were stuck to my eyeball last night. Well, it felt like they were. Then I remembered I hadn't been putting water in the humidifier... but STILL, Calgary IS dry.
wow...complain-y


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home