<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

cats and babies

0 comments | Saturday, February 18, 2006

My cat went into hypoglycemic shock today. I've seen it in humans before, but not to this extent, plus they were either old people or autistic and it was difficult to notice right away in the elder folk, as they had multi-system things going on and the autistic fella I used to work with was super easy to detect the signs and symptoms as he got aggressively physical and he'd literally turn into a different person...but all you'd have to do is stuff cheese and fruit in his mouth or give him peanut butter and bread and he was instantly better.
BUT seeing my almost 15-year-old cat (otherwise in great health and very spry and perky for her age) bump into walls and mewling and not connecting my voice with anything and completely disoriented was a completely different story. YIKES! I immediately mixed some sugar with water and siphoned it into and a syringe to squirt in her mouth, but that had no effect. So, I ran to the store* to get some honey. The effect was instantaneous; thank you bees!!! The honey, followed by water and bits of food and lots of TLC and she's herself again. Vet just said to keep my eye on her. I'm actually kinda scared to giver her her insulin again.



* I never quite know if I'm surprised or sadly aware of how predictably obtuse people can be. While I was in line to get honey for SUPER ILL CAT, this customer-woman-person was all snarky at the cashier because she didn't know when the next sale of her favourite juice would be on sale, then her bitter tone escalated when she wasn't given some scratch-ticket-promotion thingee, which the cashier said were given out according to how much a person spent - she obviously didn't spend enough. She huffed off muttering: "Well, that's all you had to say.." (whatever that meant). The cashier and I said nothin, but we both rolled our eyes and smiled. I secretly hoped the cashier had lied just to keep a potential winning scratchy thing from the mean lady.

Then, when I get home there's a message saying my brother's new baby was just born!! I'm an Auntie again...yay! It's a girl! I tried calling my brother and the mom, but they neither of them answered. So, I got back to studying....
*awaiting call from big brudder with more details*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home