<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

sugar coma

5 comments | Sunday, April 08, 2007

nothing celebrates easter more than an over-abundant amount of sweets, pink fluffy marshmallow bunnies and all the chocolate eggs you could ever want

what is the correlation between jesus and chocolate?

WWJD with all that chocolate anyway?

5 Comments:

Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Doesn't Tom Waits sing a song about a "Chocolate Jesus"? Sorry, couldn't resist

09 April, 2007 00:15

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed he does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw

as for the connection btw chocolate and jesus...i wrote a comment at this guy Ian's blog. I'll try to find it.

09 April, 2007 07:09

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is part of what I said when I was discussing why I thought a chocolate Jesus wasn't offensive but the muslim cartoons were:

"...Jesus was a man (I think we can all agree that he existed…whether he was the son of god or not). So, presumably, he had a penis. In fact, I’m fairly certain taht I’ve seen depictions of the baby jesus nude with a penis. Is there anything offensive about chocolate? Chocolate, as we all know, is very very related to Easter. Chocolate eggs…chocolate rabbits..chocolate everything. Chocolate is a food for celebration and Easter, in the religious sense is a time of celebration of the raising of Christ from the tomb. Also, it is a food of luxury…and after 40 days of lent, what is nicer than to break a time of denial by eating chocolate. So, a chocolate Jesus…in most contexts…is not offensive. What has offended people is the feeling that Jesus has been trivialized. Now, I personally appreciate art that trivializes or at least allows a different perspective, yet, I’ve just pointed out a very good reason why a chocolate Jesus is not trivial. This was the crucified Jesus that was depicted…the last one you see before he is raised from the dead..."

I tend not to write these things well, but I think my point is sorta understandable? I hope.

09 April, 2007 07:13

 
Blogger boho said...

Bah! Why didn't I think of 'Chocolate Jesus' when I had all the rants in my head???? *smacking forehead*
The rants that ne'er make it from skull to fingertip.

Unlike Miss Steph's rants, which are always divine *looking up* (at your comment, not at heavenly things). Is this your theory on the jesus-chocolate debate or is there some truth to it? Me being COMPLETELY naive towards all things religious...and all things chocolate...but I know I like Bernard Callebaut chocolate...is there a connection between our very own chocolatier and our man JC?

09 April, 2007 23:11

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, just my theory. It came up about that chocolate jesus sculpture and all the hoopla and that brought up the old chestnut of the muslim cartoons and I kinda figured this is why I wasn't offended by one but thought the other to be pretty crappy.

10 April, 2007 01:15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home