<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

it's all about blowing things out of proportion

2 comments | Thursday, April 05, 2007

things are fast becoming some of the things i was afraid of ending up like (and for me "ending up", can even mean in my 30s - yes, gang...I'll now admit that decade - in the wake of a life breakdown)

at the gas pump after my daily toil (i'd rather do the pumping myself because i'm too fidgety to sit in a car that long today and i'm shying away from gas monkeys lately) across the way i peer in the third floor window at an elderly woman sitting at her kitchen table, perched by the window (is that where all the action is? gotta see! GOTTA SEE!!), flipping through a newspaper? a magazine? who cares what it was. all i saw was my doom, sitting alone in a wrinkle farm, passing time with naught but a dose of reality turning, turning pages and sipping on re-heated instant coffee that got too cold because I took too long staring at myself in the mirror wondering how i ended up ~here~ and psyching myself out thinking the phone just rang. there's no pets, no music, not enough a dripping tap because i would have fixed that three days ago when i was bored and wasting away. *flipping a page*

brutal, hey? fuckity fuck

i browsed the lottery site today - *quickly* scanning the WINNING NUMBERS, hoping it was my last day at work. i believe there were three identical numbers spanning two tickets [i.e. YOU LOSE!]. Bored: I clicked on the WINNERS link. Good grief, more! this isn't helping my breakdown. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I"m sorry that I"m responding only this to your very honest and heartfelt post...but I just posted and was wondering if it was 'not but' or 'naught but'...

what are the odds??

on other matters...you do so many good and interesting things, eeners...don't be too hard on yourself.

05 April, 2007 20:38

 
Blogger boho said...

I holding firm on 'naught but' as in 'nothing but'...

"it was all for naught"

"naught but a stitch of clothes on him"

S'all I got. But you're the linguist...ask that girl that hates the "C" word what she thinks. And if she gives you an answer you don't like, just tell her you'll See [You] Next Tuesday.

or 'not'.

09 April, 2007 23:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home