<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Saturday, December 02, 2006

I used to hoard books, read 'em, keep 'em...seemed sacrilegious to give them away.

But lately, I've become less 'keepy' (of many things), so now after devouring the tomes, I either keep my favourites, or the ones I'll never reference or read again, I like to share them with the next person who wants to read it. As other Book People with the same thought process, it is likely I'll receive as many in passing as I dole out.

book karma?

My friend, PB, recently invited me to check out this nifty idea of monitoring a book's travel adventures: From your precious hands and onwards it can be tracked online with its on code. Each subsequent reader (hopefully) enters their location - and comments, if they want can then also follow the book's life.

It's kinda neat knowing a book's adventures...when I travel through backpackers and Take-A-Book-Leave-A-Book it would be quite interesting to know who had their paws on it before me and how it got to where I was. And where did it go after I left it somewhere. So, that's what I had in mind when I started making my own labels and passing it forward.

Check out the site here.

When I send books off into the world, I'll slap my label on it, which looks like this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home