2
comments
|
Thursday, June 08, 2006
In light of McDonald's new calorie-laden World Cup burger (669 calories, to be exact - almost half of my daily intake) I have linked to an article from the BBC online regarding a fat tax that is suggestively imposed of people who are overweight.
Imagine one of the world's most watched SPORTS events being associated with a big ole fat, greasy, artery clogging buger with one of the world's least healthy food chains. Imagine... I don't see the connection.
"Being overweight is not an addiction - it didn't exist 50 years ago. "So, how much would you be taxed right now, if you had to pay a fat tax?
Pay the percentage of the square root of your BMI*.
*Body Mass Index is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms by the square of your height in metres. A BMI of 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight and one 30 or above is considered obese.


2 Comments:
ack!
I have no idea what my weight is in stone!
08 June, 2006 19:49
6.35 kilograms equals one stone
OR
14 pounds equals one stone
14 June, 2006 16:25
Post a Comment
<< Home