ECHOecho echo echo...
0
comments
|
Monday, May 22, 2006
Sometimes I am reminded how big the world really is and how possible it is to be the ONLY person within sight, even within a highly-populated municipality.
There were odd moments of how small it can be too, when I was traveling...and you drive and drive and drive into very remote areas and by appearances be the only soul around for kilometres...only to discover people traversing the land with baskets on their head or leading a donkey over the foothills or walking alongside a mountainous highway enroute to where ???
It's a national holiday today, so you expect that business hours and the traffic will have considerably dwindled compared to a normal work week, but I was the only person around within a normally fast-paced little shopping/eating/business hub in the city. I actually swivelled the ole head around to double-check my solitude. Quite peaceful in an otherwise manic society...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home