<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

0 comments | Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm even more mad at Ca now.
I deal with medical and trauma issues all day (at work). You become ~almost~ desensitized to the ailments of the world, to car crashes, fires, seizures, pneumonia, gun shots, falls and general malaise. On occasion I have questioned my own empathy on different levels: a self-check to see if I care anymore. It's not that you care any less, you just toggle certain switches within yourself that allow you to do your job. You CAN'T become affected by other people's lives. You can't. But when other people's lives become entwined with your own, your switch jiggles. I know I still care, but I care a whole lot more when it affects my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home