sightings
0
comments
|
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Tuesday at Barnes and Noble - random stop-off...well, actually jon wanted to pick up the Napoleon Dynamite DVD...went upstairs first to find this awesome book that jonny has called Earth from Above - and a book signing was just finishing...we asked the guard who was there. He said it was Jill Scott. Me: You mean, the singer, Jill Scott?!!! Yup. I half-heartedly gave him the Elaine-shove...and have a peek around the people, it was indeed Jill Scott. They had already cut off the line-up for autographs and she was getting ready to leave...I just lingered cuz I thought maybe she'd break into song for us or something (tee hee). As the guards were ushering her towards the elevator she looked right at me and said 'Hello'. I said hello back and we smiled at each other. Made me happy!
Wednesday brought us back to my favourite place so far, Cafeteria...it's in *whispering* Chelsea. Favourite because of their Mac n' Cheese. See, Jonny and I have been on a Mac n' Cheese hunt for the best in New York. He's 2 for 1 on his suggestions. I need to make a bar graph. While there I got one of Cafeteria's T-shirts and the manager informed me that our server/bartender is from Canada. Turns out he's from Edmonton. Small world. We were next to a group of four people that had all their bling bling out and talking about 'shows'...at one point Jonny said he knew he was a some rapper dude. And I agreed he was prolly right cuz the bling looked not fake. The wrapped up their meeting and as they were leaving buddy stops and says to us, 'Hi. How you doing this evening?' ... we were chatting and then one of his 'friends (slash bodyguards) calls out: Yo! Flip, let's get going... So, it was Lil Flip.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home