things you may not know about me
0
comments
|
Friday, September 10, 2004
PART ONE
I am a vegetarian and believe in ahimsa*
Often, I have a hankerin' to swill back some luscious Jägermeister and I think I rather fancy it on ice.
When I was In [a southern African country], I took a camera-shot while I had a photo op...although they prolly would have bullet-shot me had they seen my camera peek up from the window of the car we were traveling in. (When I find said pic and scan it, it will replace this lacklustre bit of text in parenthesis) Basically, my entourage was run off the road while the country's president's convoy recklessly whizzed by us, cutting us off the road (because they can't have opposite traffic passing); his guards were so heavily armed with mean ole automatic guns that I almost shat myself when I pushed the shutter button, imagining one of them had seen me with their hawk-like eyes. But they were prolly stoned anyway...
I pretend-sing ALL the time; I never know more than a few words to songs, but I fake it constantly.
*Ahimsa or non-injury, of course, implies non-killing. But, non-injury is not merely non-killing. In its comprehensive meaning, Ahimsa or non-injury means entire abstinence from causing any pain or harm whatsoever to any living creature, either by thought, word, or deed. Non-injury requires a harmless mind, mouth, and hand.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home