<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

0 comments | Friday, December 02, 2005

There's a woman across the street. She lives there. My office is plunk in the middle of a residential-cum-commercial neighbourhood. She's an elderly lady. Not sure how old, never was good at guessing ages (or number of people in a crowd) and she dyes her hair orangey, so that throws me right off.
She's always shrieking at her little Yorkshire Terriers when they're out of her sight for more than a few seconds. They're always busting out of the yard and scampering around.
She lives next to what I like to call the house that
Silence of the Lambs built. She has a gorgeous yard, she's outside tending the wild flowers and shrubberies all the time (when not covered by inches of snow, as they all are now).
She has the same winter coat for now the third winter I've ~known~ her. She has a car, and I've seen her use it, so I know she goes out. Groceries. DVD rentals? She's never gone for long and never when it's dark out (I work late).
Her house has been for sale for at least two years. Where is she going to go when she sells it? What will she live in?
She's alone. I wonder if she's lonely. If she has kids?...if she wants to even be in touch with them. Are her personal contacts nothing beyond salespeople and cashiers? Does she have a computer? TV? What does she do all the time?
I notice the only visitor she has is a man. He seems about her age. It leads me to wonder...
is she getting some?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home