<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7786027?origin\x3dhttp://eeners.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

School Paper

0 comments | Saturday, February 12, 2005

We had to take a business, company, organization, etc., outline its function, identify strengths/weakness/successes and other schooly bits and determine any learning needs the employees/members may require. I didn't have one in mind, but knew what I'd like to base it on: Afghanistan women - their plight, their fight, their rights. What-ev-ah
storyA_main
We were told we could make up an organization and go from there. I've volunteered at various NGOs and non-profit organizations for over a decade, worked overseas in third world countries, worked with women and so on and so on...So I figured I could 'invent' and properly define such a fellowship.
In writing my project I thought I'd get some background info from any sort of group ~out there~ with hopefully similar objectives that I could mimic some of their goals and strategies. And what do I find? An organization
that is committed to raising awareness in Canada to the plight of Afghan women and their families. I was exhilarated...this was EXACTLY what I had in mind. I read more and see that the national office is in Calgary! Even better. So, I based everything on this organization. I left a message at the agency, but never heard back from anyone.
Allow me to be a tad discursive now: as extra work, I also do house and pet sitting. This job is not only feeding the snake, frogs, geckos and ferrets, but also performing security checks - basically, checking rooms, doors, pipes aren't frozen..., which brought me into an office. I checked the outside door and turned to leave...on the corner of the desk I notice brochures. They were brochures for the exact same organization I am now basing my project on! I look up on the wall, and there is the lady of the house in pictures with Afghanistani women, there were kudos for her work, more literature on the organization scattered about the office... I hadn't heard back from anyone yet, because they're still on holiday!
True story.
I'm very much looking forward to speaking with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home